After School Club
Active recreation program that encourages health and wellness through physical activity and play. Children will also develop social skills, a positive self-image and a sense of community. The children go outside daily - please ensure each child dresses for the weather. A snack is provided for each child.
What do the kids do at the After School Club
- Exploratory learning using the physical environments of Winnequah Park
- Introduction of physical literacy development by trying out a variety of activities such as snowshoeing, ice skating, dance, yoga and traditional sporting activities.
- Enjoy arts & crafts and free play
|Aug 15||Sep 15||Oct 15||Nov 15||Dec 15|
|Jan 15||Feb 15||Mar 15||Apr 15||May 15|
- Registration Information
- Staff Information
- Club Safety
- After School Pick Up
- Inclement Weather Policy
- The After School Club begins, Tuesday, September 4th and runs Monday through Friday on days that school is regularly scheduled. Last day of the After School Club is Thursday, June 6th.
- Club runs immediately after the regular school day until 6:00 pm.
- Registration for the 2018-19 school year opens on February 15, 2018 at 9:00 am
- Registration is on a first come-first serve basis.
- Early registration is encouraged. Spots may be limited as the beginning of the school year approaches and after the school year has started.
- Regardless of whether you register online, in-person or over-the-phone, you also must complete an Emergency Information Packet for your child prior to the first day of the After School Club.
- All staff have experience in working with children, are CPR/First Aid certified and participate in regular training.
- Staff adheres to the 1:17 state licensing ratio
- Most of our staff have or are pursuing degrees in Recreation & Leisure studies, Education or other related fields.
- Safety is our #1 priority!
- All children are picked up at school and walked to the Monona Community Center by Parks & Rec staff.
- Children are supervised at all times and are not permitted to leave the program unless they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- Children are picked up at Winnequah School at 2:45 p.m. and are escorted to the Monona Community Center by After School Club Staff.
- Once a child is signed in at the Community Center by staff, they must remain on site and in program until they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- If a child does not attend the After School Club on a particular day, parents must notify Monona Parks & Recreation office (608-222-4167) before 2:00 p.m. so staff does not wait for the child after school. You may also call or text the site cell phone (608-279-9105) to leave a message.
- If a child is absent from school, they cannot attend afterschool program.