This page and its resources are devoted to decreasing fossil fuel dependencies by increasing the use of both renewable sources and more efficient technology. Some questions to consider are:
- Have you invested in technologies to increase the energy efficiency of your business?
- Do you have any systems in place to minimize or audit energy consumption?
- Does your business run on energy from renewable sources?
- Install alternative, sustainable technologies to traditional gas-powered equipment
- Do an energy consumption audit on your business
- Customized Computer Settings - Make quick and easy changes to reduce your computer's energy needs. Use this guide from Intel for 10 tips how.
- Thermostat Management - Turning your thermostat back 7-10 degrees for 8 hours a day can help your business save on heating/cooling costs. Watch this video to learn more.
PACE Financing - The PACE program helps businesses finance lighting, heating and cooling, insulation, and other sustainable energy equipment upgrades. Watch this video to learn more. PACE will pay for projects up front and create a customized repayment plan for up to 20 years.
- Provides retroactive monetary incentives for energy efficient equipment upgrades. This funding decreases the upfront costs and shortens payback period, increasing the return on your investment overall.
Federal Business Energy Investment Tax Credit - This federal corporate tax credit rebates 30% of your investment on photovoltaic solar panels, solar water heating, solar space heating and cooling, hybrid solar lighting, fuel cells, and all sizes of wind turbine systems. A 10% rebate can be received for geothermal heat pumps, combined heat and power systems, and geothermal electricity.
Energy Sage Solar Calculator - Use this solar calculator to assess your roof's suitability for solar panels and estimate potential energy savings through installing solar panels. The calculator will aggregate federal tax incentives and the credits you will receive for installation.