- Monona's close proximity to the Beltline Highway (Us Highway 12/18), Interstate 90/94, and the City of Madison, allows businesses to flourish.
- Monona's location in the metro region allows businesses to draw upon a large labor pool and demand for products and services.
- High quality educational opportunities in the area abound including the Monona Grove School District, Madison College, and UW-Madison.
- Monona has a lower city tax rate than nearby Madison, making it an appealing location for businesses.
- Monona has a smaller and more accessible governmental body than Madison and has been described as business-friendly.
- Monona's high quality of life, government services, and natural assets including miles of lake and river frontage make it appealing place to live, work, and play.
The City of Monona welcomes economically viable businesses, including service industries, high tech firms, retail companies, general office companies, and light industrial companies in appropriate locations. If you are thinking of moving or starting a business in Monona, we hope these resources help inform your decision.
Please contact us for additional information and business assistance.